Monday, April 18, 2011

Texture Unit Slide Show

"It had long since come to my attention that people of
 accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them.
 They went out and happened to things."
Leonardo da Vinci   April 15, 1452

I'm not going to say much in today's post.  We "started" our 6th cycle today.  We will be studying the element of art, SPACE, and the principle of design, PROPORTION this time.  Because of the interruption of the TAKS exams next week I decided to "fill in" a few days with a general assignment that all the students will do.  This is foreign to what our agenda has been and I'm kind of anxious to see what the results will be.  I'm giving them a very limited time to do the assignment and everyone has the same size, media, and expression.  They  DO have their choice of subjects and I put out the Sports Hall of Fame Encyclopedia for them to select a sport or a sports figure they particularly were interested in.  Then we will do a kind of "faux" stain glass window sort of design with heavy crayon and inkia ink.  I'll post some video and pictures as we get into the project.  Afterwards we will pick up the program with some 3D work.

For now, enjoy the little movie/slide show I have put together highlighting the paintings from this past unit in VARIETY and TEXTURE.

No comments: