Saturday, September 24, 2011

Paper Mache...a Fun way to create jewelry

Well, here I am again 3 weeks later.  Something tells me I'll have to "step it up" with posts on this blog if I expect anyone to care enough to follow or even to view any of my posts.  With this new assignment of teaching jewelry, I have had some "learning curve" to go through and will continue to go through for quite awhile.  I determined early on that my students really love to be busy when they are in my classroom.  Not that I didn't provide enough for my Art I students to be involved with last year, but that these students came to this class with the EXPECTATION of being creatively active.  It is so much FUN for me to see an entire classroom full of engaged learners seeming to take delight in what they are involved with.  I am posting this little 3 minute video from yesterday to show some students in my LAST PERIOD OF CLASS ON A FRIDAY toward the very end of a 90 minute class.  Next Wednesday we will be assembling the results of their productive activity into bracelets and necklaces and I'll post those pictures and video at that time.

No comments: