Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it is what it is

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment"
Jim Rohn

Started off with an Art 21 movie on KERRY JAMES MARSHALL.  This artist speaks eloquently on what it is to be an artist, what motivates him, how he decides on the EXPRESSION he uses, and what sort of unique ideas he comes up with as he continues being a "child".
I noted the comment to the students when he said something like, "a suspicion I have had comes to mind as I view these fabulous art works in a museum; that is, these works didn't come into existence by accident".
The students worked real hard getting a good start on their art works.  I took a picture of one of the student's works in progress, but haven't been able to get the pic loaded up onto this blog site as yet.  So this one is rather short and terribly uninteresting; but, like the fella says, iiwii.

1 comment:

0blivion said...

Boring, very short article, I expected more on this