Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Teacher as Learner

  1. "Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone
     you can - there will always come a time when you will be
     grateful you did."
    Sarah Caldwell   March 23, 2006

    Some excellent words to live by.  I find myself learning from my students everyday.  In this exercise in experimentation with paint, and using a variety of "delivery systems" to express themselves in texture, some of the combinations are absolutely wonderful.  I couldn't imagine taking them through this exercise without first having given them the freedom to choose the what, why, how, and when of their actions.  Of all the units we have covered this year, I feel that this one jumps out in such a significant way to emphasize the importance of students governing themselves and having the autonomy to choose.

    I have included just a little 4 minute chopped up video without any editing to just highlight what I get to enjoy being a part of in my classroom.  Here it is, enjoy:


No comments: