Monday, May 9, 2011

The "Henry J" of Art...the Faux Stain Glass Window

"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes."
Henry J(ohn) Kaiser   May 9, 1882

Back in about 1950 the Kaiser/Frazier Car Company were making cars they simply called the Kaier.  Cadillac had come out in 1948 with the slant back sedan that incorporated a "fin" at the end of the rear fenders.  In 1950 the made the car more "rounded" but kept the fins.  Kaiser decided to jump on the bandwagon and produced a limited number of small 2 door coupes that also had the cadillac fin on the back fenders.  It actually looked like a squished version of the 1950 cadillac sedan.  They called it the "Henry J".  I always wondered why they named it that.  Now I know.  Go figure.

Well, I hanen't had time to listen to more than a couple chapters of my book, The Paradox of Choices so I don't have any real revelations regarding the program.  I HAVE had a couple of students finish the assignment I gave them and I asked each one what they thought of the work they finished.  So far the response has been very positive.  I'm posting a few of them in this post so you can see what they are doing.  More later. 












No comments: