Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stain Glass Crayon and Ink


"If you don't fail at least 90 percent of the time, you're not
 aiming high enough."
Alan Kay   May 17, 1940

Alan Curtis Kay (born May 17, 1940) is an American computer scientist, known for his early pioneering work on object-oriented programming and windowing graphical user interfacedesign, and for coining the phrase, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I copied this off Wikepedia because I had no idea who this was.  I just liked the quote and wanted to use it for the blog.  I keep stressing to my students they need to push further with their art.
I'm going to post another series of paintings from this last assignment for your viewing pleasure.  We are getting ra[pidly down to the wire for time in the classroom this year.  I have three more regular class periods with each of the classes, then it's finals.  I have one more project they will work on this year unless I have them do a "special" project in clay.  We'll see.  Here are the pictures.
















No comments: