Thursday, January 27, 2011

The "study" of color..a short video


"One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the
 doing is what we do for others."
Lewis Carroll 

I wanted to get the students fired up about beginning their art works.  I had over-emphasized the need for them to research color and work on their color wheels to the point where I thought that some of them would not get anything else done ( or even started ) unless I encouraged them to "hurry up and get the color wheels done".  It seemed to work because a number of them did finish and most of them are well on their way.  

I didn't get the demos done when I expected to so couldn't move into the media today yet.  So I will get to it over the weekend and be ready for Monday.  In the meantime, here is a short little video of some of the finished and partly finished works during period 2.  I'll also include a couple of still photos of color wheels.  Like this one:













and this one:

but here's the video:




DON'T FORGET TO GO TO ART CLASS 2.0 TO SEE MORE STUDENT WORK

No comments: