Monday, January 17, 2011

Just another Silk Screen Video

"I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."
Benjamin Franklin   January 17, 1706

I was able to find a few silk screen frames, cut out the old used screen, and replace it with new silk.  I also found a printing rack with hinges to keep the frames registered.  I brought home some tempera paint to see how it would work in the printing process using paper stencils.  I found that it worked just fine. Now I've got to decide whether to go ahead and purchase a few gallons of tempera or go through the "begging" process of seeing if the school will shell out the money in a somewhat near future time frame.  In the meantime, here is a little video lesson I will be telling my students about when they start the new semester on Wednesday.  I will encourage them to bring it up on their computers at home so they can have a pretty good idea of what they might want to do about it during this unit on color we will start this cycle.
Here it is:

No comments: