Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year, a new post..


"I have always been a great believer in today. Most people live
 either in the past or in the future, so that they really never live
 at all. So many people are busy worrying about the future of
 art or society, they have no time to preserve what is. Utopia
 is in the moment. Not in some future time, some other place,
 but in the here and now, or else it is nowhere."


"Photography is not an art. Neither is painting not sculpture
 literature or music. They are only different media for the
 individual to express his aesthetic feelings... You do not have
 to be a painter or a sculptor to be an artist. You may be a
 shoemaker. You may be creative as such. And if so, you
 are a greater artist than the majority of the painters whose
 work is shown in the art galleries 
Alfred Stieglitz   January 1, 1864

Some pretty interesting thoughts expressed by one of most renowned photographers of an era and husband to Georgia O'Keefe. 

I didn't get back to this blog on Saturday because I was a little tired around 7 in the evening.  Still a little jet lagged from trip back from Germany.  I decided to start running again this year (at least for now) so I did a 2.2 mile run today as well.  Anyway, here I am at 3:34 A.M. finishing THIS blog so I can start on my next one right away.  I'm going to input a short video I created over the break on the art of Silk Screen Printing.  I want to begin working in this media shortly after the second semester begins.  Of course, the students will have their choice of working with it or not, but I believe enough will want to that it will catch on quickly.  So here are the videos.  Hope you enjoy them.




No comments: