Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jackson Pollock would be proud

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas
 are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats"
Howard (Hathaway) Aiken   March 9, 1900

This quote caught my eye today because yesterday I was visiting with a substitute teacher in art who will watch my classes at the end of the month while I attend the annual clay conference in Florida.  Anyway, I was telling her about this blog and the website of the student's work and she asked if she could use any of the ideas.  I said, certainly she could as well as anyone else who cares to.  I believe that my ideas aren't necessarily original with me.  I probably got them from observing and reading.  As an inventor once told the gifted and talented class I took to his home back in the 80's in Denver; "The problem with good ideas is that they always de-generate into a lot of hard work".  Fortunately for the idea I have come up with for this unit on TEXTURE and VARIETY, it has generated what appears to be a lot of fun for the students.  At least they appear to be enjoying the "process" so far.  Take a look at the short video and see for yourself.

No comments: