Saturday, February 19, 2011

Delivery Systems

One of the most important reasons for living is to do something
 - live outside of yourself and put together an idea, an idea that
 you want to explore and then complete ... Awaken your creative
 sensitivities!"
Jack Palance   [Volodymyr Palanyuk]   [Володимир Паланюк]   [Jack Brazzo]   February 18, 1919

Who would have thought that the "dirty, rotten, thieving Yankee" from the movie SHANE, and almost every other "bad guy" in Westerns back in the day would be so profound.  Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

Yesterday I presented my students with some alternatives to the way in which paint could be applied to the surface of paper (or anything for that matter) and during my 3rd period class I had a student, Juan, record the event on my iphone.  Unfortunately, the video was 17 minutes long and I didn't know where to cut out the 2 minutes so I sent it to youtube as two segments.  I am posting them here as A and B.  I hope you enjoy them. I will also post them to the website I have set up.  Click on Art Class 2.0 to see them and many other pictures of student work.



No comments: