Monday, February 21, 2011

Having AUTONOMY and working toward MASTERY

"The one important thing I have learned over the years is the
 difference between taking one's work seriously and taking
 one's self seriously. The first is imperative and the second
 is disastrous."
Dame Margot Fonteyn   [Margaret Hookham

I rather enjoyed reading this quote.  It made me remember someone as having said, "you'd worry less about what others think about you if you knew how little they did".  Today I am posting a couple of very short videos of two my students working on their projects. I have videoed them before and I have shown their work on several occasions.  Juan and Rogelio personify the attitude toward working in class that I had hoped would be the norm when given the opportunity to be autonomous.  Here they are:


No comments: