Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tomorrow we begin again...

Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything.

[info][add][mail]
Eugene Delacroix (1798 - 1863)

In Thursday's blog, I posted a link to Youtube and there you found a video I edited of three students discussing their artwork.  When I recorded those snippets, I used my iphone camera.  When I went to edit the footage in imovie, the software distorted three of the videos because I recorded them in a vertical format.  I have since uploaded these three videos to Youtube and am listing their links here.
Student discussing her artwork 1
Student discussing her artwork 2
Student discusses her artwork 3
As with the other three videos, these students were not expecting to be called on to discuss their work on camera.  I thought they did an outstanding job.
Tomorrow is the first day of next cycle.  I will discuss with the students their options for what to do with their completed or incomplete art work from 1st cycle.  I will tell them they can 1.  Take it home today, or 2.  Hang it in the hall display board, or 3.  Leave it in their portfolio to complete whenever they have feee time to do so.  I want THEM to make those decisions and it will be interesting to see what they are.  I'll have them write about them in their blog tomorrow.
I will be handing out the new lesson for the cycle, which will be to study the element of art, SHAPE and the principle of design, RHYTHM AND MOVEMENT.  We will be working with other subject matter than still life, but THAT will be an option.
Hope to post more video this week.  
One more thing:  I was extremely pleased on Saturday when I received a return email from Daniel Pink, author of DRIVE and A WHOLE NEW MIND, two books which I read this summer and that provided the inspiration for me to develop this curriculum.  If you interested in learning more about this idea of intrinsic motivation, please click on the following link.  Dan Pink's website


No comments: