Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ready, Set,....

"There's no heavier burden than a great potential"

So yesterday, Tuesday the 31st of August, I passed out folders, finished the movie "Why Man Creates", passed out 9 different forms for use in our new curriculum, discussed each form generally and had the students read them more closely, and wrote an entry into their log books.  Whew!
I'm posting a few more forms on the other blog site, djochum2.blogspot.com, in case you want to check them out.  Students spent about 20 minutes looking at the new art textbook, particularly Chapter 3 on LINE and Chapter 8, which deals with all the Principles of Design, including BALANCE.  Their portfolios are finished and in their drawers, practice paper is ready, I handed out Ziplock freezer bags to keep art supplies in and distributed a pen and pencil to each to put in bag.  I told them they may begin bringing in art supplies tomorrow, Thursday.
Saw a great little 2 minute video on Youtube Derek Dibbern showed me on Facebook.  Just type in The Unsettling Truth About Life.  Another affirmation of what I hope this class will provide, "a little dancing music".

No comments: